The Local Rules for playing Welshpool Golf Club are as below:-
- Out Of Bounds (Def. & Rule 27-1)
A ball lying beyond the line of the inside points, at ground level, of any fence, or posts, defining out of bounds as follows: –
- Any boundary fence.
- The fence around the clubhouse, putting green and car park.
- Left of the white posts dividing the 6th and 7th holes when playing the 6th hole only.
- Left of the white posts between the 16th hole and the implement sheds and car park.
Out of bounds posts and fences are boundry objects – free relief is not available except, when playing the 5th and 7th holes, the out of bounds posts on the 6th hole are immovable obstructions from which free relief is available in accordance with Rule 16.1.
2. Water Hazards (Def. & Rule 26)
(i) Water hazards marked with yellow stakes, or not marked, are ordinary water hazards. (All unmarked ditches are in this category.)
(ii) Water hazards marked with red stakes are lateral water hazards.
3.Obstructions (Def. & Rule 24)
- Marker posts, distance posts and temporary “traffic control” posts are moveable obstructions.
- Power or telephone posts and stays are immovable obstructions. A ball striking an overhead power or telephone cable, or support post or stay, MUST be replayed, without penalty.
- Sheds and shelters are integral parts of the course – Relief without penalty is not available.
- Staked trees are immovable obstructions from which free relief in accordance with Rule 16.1 MUST be taken.
4. Animal Dung and Sheep Tracks
IN THE GENERAL AREA ONLY
Abnormal Course Conditions
(Areas deemed to be Ground Under Repair) from which free relief, in accordance with Rule 16.1 may be taken for the lie and area of intended swing only – Interference solely to a players stance does not qualify for free relief.
5. Penalty Areas
All unmarked ditches are red penalty areas.
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULES : –
MATCH PLAY – LOSS OF HOLE
STROKE PLAY – TWO STROKES