HOW TO JOIN
NB: New members will always be made to feel very welcome at Welshpool
Membership 2017 (Please click on attachments to download)
If you would like to pay by standing order, please contact the Secretary for a form.
Membership Subscription Rates 2017
The following are the subscription rates for membership commencing on 1st January 2017.
The rates apply to both Ladies and Men.
Subscriptions for full and 5 day membership can be paid in 10 equal interest free instalments from January to October.
Please note that ages are based on age as at 1st January 2017.
|22- 25 YEARS OF AGE||£185|
|18- 21 YEARS OF AGE||£145|
|13- 17 YEARS OF AGE||£70|
|UNDER 12 YEARS OF AGE||£30|
Benefits of being a member
- CONGU handicap
- Membership of the Golf Union of Wales
- Subscriptions can be paid via 10 interest-free monthly payments
- Insurance whilst playing at Welshpool
- Discounted green fees at other James Braid courses
- Reciprocal discounted golf with 6 other local Golf Clubs
- Discounted buggy hire
- The facility to sign in up to 3 guests per visit at a discounted rate
- Full calendar of competitions and matches throughout the year
- Ability to book competitions in advance via online tee booking system
- Catering and bar facilities available throughout the day
- Never play off temporary greens
- Tee times always readily available
- A course with quick drainage which is hardly ever closed
How to Join
Contact: Mrs Sally Marshall
Telephone: 01938 850249
Welshpool Golf Club has an active membership of around 200 members. Our men’s, ladies, seniors and junior sections offer a full competition fixture schedule aimed at accommodating players of all abilities.
The club is a member of the Mid Wales Golf Association and is affiliated to the Association of James Braid courses.
The juniors link into the Montgomeryshire Junior Forum which incorporates an excellent development programme. The Seniors section is a member of the Offa's Dyke league which is an extension of an association of other clubs within a 30 mile radius and with whom we organise annual matchplay competitions on a home and away basis.
The Ladies Section also has a very varied schedule and are members of the Mid Wales County Golf Association. They had an excellent season in 2016 winning the Mid Wales handicap league.
To apply for membership please download application form and forward to the club secretary.
The annual fees are shown below and there is no joining fee. We offer an interest free monthly payment scheme. For more information please contact the club Secretary.
Membership benefits include:
* Affiliation to the Golf Union of Wales.
* Insurance whilst playing on the course
* CONGU handicap.
* Members may pay their annual subscription in interest free monthly instalments
(applies to full & 5 day members)
* Discounted buggy hire.
* Free use of practice facilities.
* Discounted green fees for members' guests
(applies to full & 5 day members).
* Special playing rates at other golf courses belonging to the Association of James Braid Courses.
* Membership of the Mid Wales Golf Association.